Wednesday, May 25, 2011

South Asia-- Days 1 & 2

Hi! I am so excited to be here, and I wanted to update everyone on how things have been going.

I had a 12 hour lay over in Newark on Monday, and while I was there, I got to hang out with some really cool people that were also going to be at the same training I was going to. Here are a few "cheezy airport pictures". :


The plane-- it was huge! :)


Cheesy airport photo :)


My new friend, Sarah! We hung out together for our insanely long lay overs-- hers was about 10-11 hours, and mine was 12. We got to know the Newark airport very well, lol, and it was great getting to know someone who was going for the same reason (although on a different assignment). :)



The flight path showing how much farther we had to go. Getting closer! :)


An attempt at taking a picture with my teammate while we were on the plane. The Father answered our requests that she was able to make the flight! Her flight to Newark was delayed, so she was running to make it, but since our flight was delayed by 15 minutes, she was able to get there just in time! Yay! And, as an added bonus, we got to sit together on the flight! Fourteen hours gave us plenty of time to get to know each other! :)



My dinner tonight! I asked the waiter to recommend something spicy (since I love spicy foods!). It was awesome! And I think he was pleased when I said that I could even eat it spicier, because he brought out some peppers!





... And I tried them! Not bad, lol. I think I amused some of the locals who were eating there, because they were staring at me and smiling, lol. What can I say? I was raised in Louisiana and love eating spicy food! :)


We also went shopping for cultural clothing this afternoon, and I bought some really cute outfits. This one is my favorite. I will post pics later of me wearing it. :)




Anyway, that's all for now. I will post more in the next few days/weeks. Internet is not always reliable, but I will try. :)

Thanks again, so much for remembering us when you talk with the Father. We are definitely appreciative, because we know that we could not do it without Him. :)

-Mary Lin-

No comments:

Post a Comment