Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pictures!

Well, my camera is fixed for now, so I am going to post some pics, as promised! :)

The next four pictures are of me eating with my hands, just like the people in the south part of the country do! I was eating soup, yes, soup (with rice in it, of course), with my hands-- just like Krystal taught me in cooking club last year! :)





This picture is of our whole SA-101 group on the last day of training:


We got to ride the metro, and the girls had our own car! (Not like that here in our city, though. We have ladies' seating, but not a ladies' car).



These are some pics of people on our last dinner out before we dispersed to our different cities for the summer:





The things we do to pass the time while waiting on our food, lol:



Here are some pics from my city-- and the various temples, etc.



This is at a Hindu Temple in our city.


This is at a Mosque.


Inside the Mosque


View from the Mosque's interior


Again

Inside on the second or third floor


Beautiful!


View to the outside

View to the outside


These are some kids that followed us around-- it's not often that they see white people! They were cute and also wanted to take our pictures! :)

This is a picture of me drinking cocunut water from a coconut! Not bad, lol. :)


Anyway, that's all of the pictures for now. I will have some more soon, I hope, now that we think we've figured out what was wrong with my camera! :)

Oh, one more random thing. I have a humorous story to tell. So, I am glad that the Father has given me a good sense of humor. Because sometimes, when you're in South Asia, you just have to laugh about things! I was trying to take a shower when the water randomly went out. There was just enough of a trickle for me to fill up the bucket that was in the shower, so I was able to take a bucket shower! Not ideal, but it worked! So glad that the Father prepared me for that by allowing me to experience it first in Haiti! :)

Anyway, I am going to bed now. Thanks again, for lifting me up when you talk to the Father! I definitely appreciate it!

-ML-

No comments:

Post a Comment